I love working with teens and young adults – they always have much more going on than anyone gives them credit for. They are smart, creative, full of promise – even if they (or you) don’t feel like it right now. When a young person is struggling, therapy can provide the support needed to leverage these gifts in a positive direction. I can help.
Here are some things I can help with:
- Feeling hopelessness … alone … misunderstood … frustrated, sad, anxious or depressed.
- Problems with friends, family, school, or work.
- Finishing high school, getting ready for college/work/independence – whatever’s next
- Body image issues
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Traumatic life experiences
And here’s how:
- Support and validation
- Coping Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Skills
- EMDR for trauma (both “Big T” and “little t”)
Please note that when I work with people between the ages of 14-18 special rules about confidentiality apply. I deeply respect the privacy of all my clients. I do not provide family therapy, but I can offer referrals as needed.